Christmas is just around the corner, and everyone is creating their Christmas wish list, getting over eating all the Halloween candy, finishing up last-minute school projects, and pulling out the overwhelming number of Christmas decorations that have been stored away in closets all year.
While I have a lot of items that are pre-made for a blessed and beautiful Christmas. Girl, I love to throw in a few DIY projects in the mix for the holidays. When desperate times, call for desperate measures, I usually race to my favorite social media platform Pinterest, to surf all of the Christmas boards, and pins to discover the newest creative ideas for my family. I think that DIY provides a more memorable touch, with a huge amount of sentimental value to Christmas in our household. Also, this is when we have the chance to just be in the moment with each other, by spending “much needed,” quality time.
After all, Christmas is a time to share fabulous memories. So this is year I made the conscious decision to move forward with DIY stocking stuffer projects this season. I want to inspire my little kingdom to have Christmas cheer with adorable Christmas stockings, and to have the best stocking stuffers ever to grace our colorful mantle. We are totally thinking outside the box, while making unique stocking stuffers and sewing a festive stocking. I am going to share 15 DIY stocking stuffers, and the best sewing tools to create your own stocking!
15 DIY Stocking Stuffers
1. Bible memory verses and affirmations: This is a great way to impart the true meaning of Christmas, and not the material things during the season. A great reminder of the reason for the season.
2. Letters to each other: Have your kids write why they love each other and let them fill each other’s stockings with special notes.
3. Letter from Mom: This is very special for children to have a loving letter from Mom. After Christmas children can put the letter in their baby book or keepsake box.
4. Pocket mini notebooks: Pocket mini notebooks are a great way to encourage your children to share the joys of writing their thoughts and memories on Christmas day.
5. Cozy warm socks: This is a family tradition that I have passed on from my childhood to my beloved little kingdom. I loved to receive cozy socks every Christmas!
6. Tooth brushes, toothpaste, and dental floss: Children will always need a new set of toothbrushes, toothpaste, and dental floss. The holidays are the perfect time to gift them with these useful items.
7. Nail polish set & flavored lip gloss: My little princess is a huge fan of nail polish so this gift will bring tons of smiles this holiday season.
8. Underwear and panties: I love to gift my children with underwear and panties, because in my opinion you never can have enough in your drawers for your children.
9. Jewelry kit: This is just a fun stocking stuffer all year round, jewelry is super fun and cheerful all the time!
10.Pocket Bible: This is awesome just to keep sharing the word of God in your household.
11.Child and parent date certificates: This will encourage children and parents to plan an awesome date for each other with a certificate to show that quality time is important for family.
12. Crayons & Markers: The crayons and markers in my house seem to disappear in backpacks every school year, so replenishing the supply is a must-have for Christmas.
13. Lego Mini sets: Lego mini sets encourage educational activities while children are on break from school.
14. Hot wheels cars: Hot wheel cars are a classic stocking stuffer for the young prince’s in out lives every year.
15. Candy canes: Who cannot resist a flavorful candy cane in your stocking or directly from the tree? Candy canes are just super fun and festive!
Sewing the stocking
As a beginner/novice seamstress, it is important to master the foundational skills of sewing before taking on any major projects. Before you make your first stitch you have to know how to get organized, and how to set up your sewing machine. You have to learn how to properly thread your machine. You have to get acquainted to different types and makes of fabrics, also learning how to use scissors when and on what type of fabrics.
The best thing to do before starting the Christmas stocking project is the ability to learn basic stitches, and become comfortable with your chosen pattern that works for your level of expertise.
Now I admit that I am not the best seamstress in the world. I believe in sewing in case of clothing emergencies. If a button comes off one of my favorite blouses, or if some of my little kingdom’s clothes lose a zipper on their pants or shirts during a crazy laundry day. I am fully prepared to pull out my little travel sewing kit and take action, and make a small adjustment to any piece of clothing. I actually had to stay after school to finish sewing projects for Home Economics class in middle-school, just to complete one sweatshirt. Since that time, I have watched every season of Project Runway, daydreaming about sewing something to last a lifetime.
I think that the key is having the Sewing Machine that will work for you, along with wonderful resources to guide this holiday dream with my children. Sewing machine has many options for you to choose which types of items you need to create the perfect stocking! From various machines, to crafts and needle and thread, you can find everything you need just with a click of a button! It’s a one stop shop for all your sewing creative ideas!
I simply adore the that I can find everything at my fingertips. They are a family run business, and they have outstanding customer service that will answer all of your questions and concerns. This website is super amazing, and very easy to navigate through every fun-filled page. I will most certainly revisit the site for any upcoming sewing projects to close out the year.