That moment when you are able to enter the “adulting,” phase of life is challenging, exciting, and very fun! You have found yourself walking across the grand stage with your college degree in hand ready to take over the world!
And Girl, you do not have to stay up late at night in your roommate’s room “cramming,” for that crucial exam that you seemed to have put off all week, the real word for that is procrastination. You do not have to continue to tap the snooze button on your alarm clock to make sure that you make it to your morning class.
Listen, your twenties are a time where you explore new things, get that dream job, and really transform into a productive adult. This is the exciting time, where you begin moving through the world on your own terms, as your own person from looking for your very first apartment to buying your first car without a co-signer. You have the opportunity to decorate your first apartment with your own furniture, not the furniture that belonged to the University or a close friend.But truly understand, that you have the flexibility to purchase that reliable coffee table that will move from that first apartment into your future family home.
Believe me, during this life-changing time it is very important to remember the major purchases and decisions that you have to make in the process of growing into your most abundant life! Honestly, this is the best time in your life to make logical purchases that will be able to sustain your lifestyle in your twenties that will guide you towards success!
6 Major Purchases You Should Make Before You Begin Adulting
1. Emergency Fund & Life Insurance: There a lot of things that you don’t realize you need once you leave your twenties. You never know when you will have an emergency situation and it’s important to have the proper funds to make sure that you can cover new costs.
It is of your best interest to have a backup plan, to start saving and creating a budget for emergencies. You have to make it a point to not touch your emergency fund only for an emergency! You will have to make sure that you check with your employer about life insurance. It is never to early to protect yourself as a young adult in the world. If your employer does not provide equitable life insurance be sure to check out private insurance for your age demographic.
2. Health Insurance: When you realize that you are not eligible to qualify for your family’s reliable health insurance plan. You have to make plans to research health insurance plans from your employer or seek private or public assistance until you are established in your career.
3. Pots and pans: You really need an amazing set of pots and pans. You will save so much money cooking in your own kitchen, and not investing in heavy restaurant dining, or fast food each day. You can become a meal planning boss, by creating and cooking your own meals for the week. Make sure that you have a great set of pots and pans, dinner ware, and glasses.
4. A great coffee maker: Coffee is the beginning of starting each day! If you simply adore coffee like me, than maybe this should be moved to number one on the list. My morning does not begin without a lovely cup of coffee. Investing in a wonderful coffee maker is absolutely key for those early mornings during the week.
5. Laptop or home computer: You may find that when you at the beginning of your career at your new job that you just landed that you have tons of work to do from home. Also, a lot of opportunities happen online including grocery shopping, ordering clothing, books, and so much more!
6. A reliable mattress: You may not have appreciated this in college, but as an adult you will find that sleep is major to having restful days and nights. You need at least eight hours of quality sleep-time to navigate through the week. Check out these reliable mattresses.