If you seek peace, be still.
If you seek wisdom, be silent.
If you seek love, be yourself. Becca Lee
I am super grateful that I have collaborated with prAna and bLink Marketing Network to discuss 9 benefits of practicing yoga for self-care. PrAna is a premium lifestyle clothing company that offers sustainable clothes for yoga, travel, and outdoor adventure enthusiasts.
Yoga has simply been a God-send in my life. I discovered yoga as an undergraduate in college while working on my Elementary Education degree at Michigan State University. I remember that I had to have at least 15 credits every semester to fulfill my requirements to graduate on time without taking summer classes.
However, the choices that I had in elective classes, meaning classes that were not in my core curriculum were a bit sparse on the class schedule. I wanted to take something that would not waste my time as a busy undergraduate student. At the time, the mere possibility of registering for classes seemed to have caused a great deal of stress, pressure, and pure anxiety to obtain 15 solid credits.
Although, when I finally stepped into my very first Asana yoga class at the I.M. East on MSU’s campus, I instantly fell in love with it! The moment when I could see all of the beautiful free-spirited women on their yoga mats, prepared to take on relentless poses like the downward facing dog, child’s pose, upward facing dog, chair pose, half-moon, and bridge pose. Each yoga pose targets specific muscles. This helps me to increase my flexibility and reduce my risk of energy, and to reduce stress.
But, yoga is so much more than stretching your limits and body with poses. I have utilized yoga as a sacred time to surrender everything that is negative in life, and to really have the opportunity to get centered and to achieve the ultimate balance, power, and control of my heart, mind, and spirit. Yoga over the years has helped greatly with reducing stress at all different levels.
9 Benefits for practicing yoga for self-care
1. Lifestyle Change: Yoga is a lifestyle, which means wearing the proper clothing is very important to remain comfortable, relaxed, and free while training on the yoga mat. I really love the prAna mantra pant, and the andie top. They are super comfortable, and easy to go run errands in too! I have to admit that these items are the most fashionable yoga wear in my closet. I highly recommend prAna you should check it out and use this fancy discount code S17BLTR to receive 15% off your first purchase.
2. Opens up my heart, and mind to achieve clarity and to reach my physical goals for the year.
3. Helps to keep my body centered and relaxed, after a hard work out or run/walk.
4. Yoga helps to improve my sleep at night and during the day. I can really sleep a good 6-8 hours after a wonderful session of yoga.
5. Yoga improves my posture, endurance, and flexibility on a daily basis.
6. It can develop mental and physical strength.
7. Yoga releases any toxins in my body.
8. Yoga allows a special time to become closer to God and to thank HIM for all HIS blessings and favor, and to truly have a conversation with HIM and HIS beloved son Jesus.
9. Yoga is a time of prayer, to achieve focus, and to build determination and discipline towards a common goal of peace and tranquility in my life.