Almost everyone believes that when you get married that it will last a lifetime. When you have found that partner to create a life with and build a healthy future to last forever. However, marriage is a challenge, and the reality is it is a lot of work, and today a lot of couples may find themselves headed towards separation and the worse case scenario a divorce. A couple may find themselves drowning in issues dealing with lack of communication, lack of trust, lack of working as a team to provide the best opportunities for your family.
When you find that you are speaking two different dialects, feeling financial and emotional stress from working on career jobs, you begin feeling desperate and marriage counseling may be the only way to save what is left of your marriage to open up effective and honest lines of communication. A big part of lack of communication is not being able to connect with your partner on the level that you were able to connect before the wedding day. You may find that you are living two separate lives in the same household, and functioning more as room mates than as actual husband and wife. Marriage is when you are given the certificate before the degree. He who loves his wife loves himself.
You find that things become so hectic in life that you are not connecting with the person who should matter most, the encouraging news is that this bridge of communication can be rebuilt with marriage counseling and prayer. You will be able to save your marriage. It boils down to understanding how realistic it is to get back to the simple things that made your marriage work in the first place, the root of the love that brought you together in holy matrimony. Today many of the issues that married couples face have little to do with each individual in the marriage but how the couple is operating as a united team in the world. Here I am offering nine ways that you know that it is time to consider marriage counseling, to put a few common signs into perspective, plus strategies for conquering them before it is too late in your marriage. Mathew 13:23 Be he who received seed on good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces some hundredfold.
1. Communication has become negative
2. When one or both partners experience financial hardships
3. When one partner begins to have negative feelings
4. When the couple is just occupying the same space
5. The couple is staying together for the sake of the children
6. You see your partner as the enemy
7. You are barely speaking to each other
8. There are ongoing relationship issues
9. When the only resolution appears to be separation
1. Communicate in a more positive manner with your spouse send uplifting text messages, uplift your spouse to encourage your husband or wife to achieve their life goals and dreams.
2. When you are experiencing financial hardships create a realistic budget to save for the future to help preserve the legacy for your children, work together to have financial needs met in the household.
3. When one spouse begins to have negative feelings, encourage the spouse to go out and do something that they love dancing, fellow shipping with others, playing golf, going to the gym.
4. When a couple is just occupying the same space join together on one accord at least once a week at the dinner table, date night, get sitter for the children and spend quality time together at least once a month.
5. The couple staying together for the sake of the children means that you should include the children to show them what a healthy marriage looks like, so when they grow up they will have something to model after for the future.
6. Your partner is not your enemy but your best friend, remember the reason why you married your partner because he/she was your friend first be a blessing to each other.
7. You have to open up the lines of healthy communication and begin just discussing each other’s day and events leading up to the time where you are able to talk face to face with honesty and trust.
8. The relationship issues maybe ongoing but you must have unbreakable faith and truly fight for your marriage by putting God first above and beyond everything to maintain Godly marriage.
9. God did not put you together to break the yoke that you are bound to by your spouse, God has a special purpose and plan for your marriage.