Why is it called a review preview?
One of my previous bosses (and mentors) used to have all staff submit a one-page review/preview on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. The idea was to “review” the previous week, month, or quarter, by looking at your accomplishments and lessons learned during that time period. The review highlights what worked and what didn’t what went well and what you could have done better. The “preview” part came afterwards and it’s where you outlined plans for next week, month, or quarter. The preview was an opportunity to outline a game plan for future progress or set new goals for a specific time period. I found it to be a powerful tool for my own productivity and growth in both my personal and professional life. Do, now I am passing my version of the process on to you! Rosetta Thurman Happy Black Woman Community
What I want to remember about 2015
1. What was the most valuable lesson learned this year?
The most valuable lesson that I learned this year is to stay in prayer, fellowship with others, and to keep my faith first and foremost in my life. I think that it is important to put God first, and schedule everything else around him. I believe that I have learned to start my day in prayer, followed by affirmations and devotions these things not only help me but help my family too. I learned that being focused, consistent, and persistent with my goals is the key to obtaining my hopes and dreams for the future, and to change myself for the better!
2. What was the best book, song and/or movie I discovered (or rediscovered this year?
The best books that I have read this year are “Living with Intent, My Somewhat Messy Journey to Purpose, Peace, and Joy,” by Mallika Chopra. Make it happen, Surrender your fear take the leap live on purpose, by Lara Casey
3. What was the best city, state or country I discovered (or rediscovered this year?
Ontario, California and Orlando, Florida
4. What was the biggest personal milestone I reached this year? these can be goals you reached in areas of lifestyle & fun, money and finances, health & wellness, family & friends, love& romance or personal growth and spirituality)
The biggest personal milestone that I reached this year was living Big, Bold, and Beautiful! I have become more bold and confident with my faith, I am more big with my beliefs, and living beautiful just means that I am paying more attention to my personal style and having fun experimenting with fashion.
5. What professional accomplishments (at work or in my business am I most proud of this year?
I am most proud of having my first Pinterest Marketing Workshop and putting myself out there as a business owner not just a blogger, and actually asking to accept clients for my business.
What I want to leave behind as I enter 2016
1. Which goals did I make the least progress on this year? (these can be goals in the areas of lifestyle & fun, career & work, money & finances, health & wellness, family & friends, love & romance or personal growth and spirituality)
I think that I made the least progress with offering more products and services for my business
2. What promises(to myself or others did I break in 2015?
I did not break any promises in 2015.
3. What opportunities, if any, did I miss out on this year because of fear or procrastination?
I did not miss out on any opportunities, I believe that I took advantage of everything and more presented to me for 2015
4. What did I do in 2015, if anything, that was out of alignment with my values?
I became more active in church, my son’s school, and more involved with making myself a better wife, mother, and business woman.
5. What did I refuse to let go of in 2015?
I refused to let go of some of the hurt that I experienced when my parents passed away, and move more towards forgiveness of those that hurt me in a major way
What I want to bring into my life in 2016
1. What do I deserve more of in 2016?
Happiness, peace of mind, spiritual growth and development, financial growth, increase in number of clients for my business
2. What 3 personal milestones do I most want to reach in the coming year? (these can be goals in the areas of lifestyle & fun, money &finances, health & wellness, family & friends, love & romance or personal growth and spirituality)
I want to have more clients, offer more products and services, write more valuable and helpful blog posts, secure a healthy lifestyle for my children, and continue to grow in my journey with the Lord!
3. What 3 professional accomplishments do I most want to see for myself next year? (these can be goals in the area of career & work for my job and/or business)
I want to attend more blogging conferences Blogoliscious, Create and Cultivate, or BlogHer, work on building my business working with more brands, networking opportunities, and interviewing more mothers who are entrepreneurs, and utilizing Periscope to increase my business opportunities.
4. What do I want to learn in 2016?
I want to learn Hebrew, grow my business, manage my money properly, work on a clear and concise budget for both business and personal affairs.
5. What do I want to cross of my “bucket list” in 2016?
I would love to travel to Israel, St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands with my family, and New York City, and run a half marathon in Atlanta, Georgia