That moment when you have taken several leaps of faith and getting your Godly priorities in order to create a strong foundation to deliver on your hopes and dreams. Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made by God. However, patience does not come easily to most people and its probably harde to become patient when you are a wife, busy mom, and taking of yourself in general.
Patience is the ability to tolerate waiting, delay, or frustration without becoming agitated or upset. You can get tested in patience in several ways in life. You will not have the patience of Job overnight. If you are waiting for that new career move to come through, waiting on a word about an opportunity to improve the livelihood of your family, or just trying to be patient with losing those last five pounds after having a new baby.
Being patient will give rise to a sense of calm, help reduce stress, and more calm and acceptance of any of life’s situations that you may encounter on a daily basis. We can all work to develop more patience. An important idea here is that patience is a skill, and in your hardest times it is skill that should be learned and put into practice to accomplish long-term and short-term goals.
Here a few tips to help develop skills in patience:
1. Remember that things take time: Nothing good happens right away. If you expect things to happen overnight you’ll get impatient every time, instead of realizing that things happen in God’s timing and divine order.
2. Teach: Teach others how to live a more divine life and give back to the community and connect with like-minded people as a resource to practice patience.
3. Find healthy ways to relieve frustration: Take time to read a good book, stop and literally smell the roses by starting a garden, take a long walk, write your thoughts in a journal, spend quality time in a book store or café.
4. Deep breaths: When you first see yourself losing your patience, take a deep breath, and breathe out slowly. Then take another. And another. These tree breaths will bring a sense of calm.
5. Just love and laugh: Sometimes it is better just to find humor in a situation and laugh, at the same time love instead of reacting with anger, teach yourself to react with love. If your spouse is cranky or in a bad mood after work? React with love.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for HIM; but not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries, out evil devices! Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself, it tends only to evil, For the evil doers shall be cut off, but those who wait for the Lord, shall inherit the land.