I can’t believe that that I have reached the second half of 2016 with only 6 months left in this intensely packed year. I feel that it is the time to create my DIY vision board. I have to make it a point to go back and accomplish the goals that I set for 2016. I have learned so much on this journey of life about self sacrifice, obedience, and walking in my purpose. When I think about all of the goals that I have for myself it can feel a bit overwhelming to me. However, by creating a vision board with actionable steps to build a foundation if self care for this year. I am determined to complete a half marathon by the end of the year, at the latest the beginning of next year. My little prince is highly anticipating the chance to see mom run in a race and receive a medal. I remember running the Peach Tree Road Race before his first birthday, so he vaguely remembers the day of my run.
Seriously I just miss the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the race, the camaraderie of the other the runners, the way that my mind and body feel at the end of an awesome run! Also, I want to continue to grow and build my business and my blog. I would love to have more subscribers and readers for Mother of the World. The purpose of a vision board is to speak the desires of my heart into existence utilizing positive images, words of inspiration, and encouraging captions to express my hopes, dreams, and goals in all areas of my life each year. I am going to describe 7 basic steps to create a memorable vision board.
7 Basic Steps
1. Choose words and images that inspire you and make you feel good. Keep it neat, and be selective about what you place on your vision board.
2. Set aside at least 45 minutes to an hour to complete your vision board. Take the time to reflect on your ideal goals and dreams, go to a quiet place in your home to sit down and concentrate on only you. What do the desires of your heart look like?
3. Create a relaxing atmosphere to create your vision board. Close your eyes and reflect on your hopes, dreams, and desires of your heart.
4. Collect your favorite magazines, construction paper, scissors, tape, glue, poster board. Cut out images from magazines that represent the life you want to live. For example if you are interested in health and fitness, you might clip out images of running shoes, free weights, healthy meals to place on your vision board.
5. Place a photo of your woman or person of the year in the middle of the vision board. My woman of the year is Lupita Nyongo. I love how she is a Force of Nature for 2016 and she is an unstoppable force in her industry!
6. Use your markers or paint your personal mantra or other favorite quotes on our vision board.
7. Display your vision board somewhere where you will see it everyday and feel inspired. You can frame it, laminate it, hang it on your wall, place it in your office space or favorite room in your household.
How do you create a DIY Vision Board?