1. Location: Instead of having a baby shower at a resturant or club have the shower at your home or the home of the person who is hosting the baby shower best friend or close relative.
2. Invites: Instead of using paper invited and using money for mailing, use electronic invited via evites and email to spread the word about the big day.
3. Food: You and the host can discuss menu ideas by cooking your own food or buying from whole sale food stores like Sam’s Club, Trader Joe’s for more healthy food options for you and your guests.
4. Gifts: Register at a baby registry that at the end of the baby shower will give you a certain percentage discount for you to shop if you do not get reverything on your wish list. Babies R Us has a great program where you receive discount after the baby shower and a great rewards program and coupons mailed to your house after your baby enters the world.
5. Games and Prizes: You can have a range of different games from board games, to raffles, to guessing the name of the new baby. Prizes can include giving the guests the center pieces from the tables as gifts, and any small grab bags that can be created from items at local discount stores.
6. Create a book of memories: Take your own pictures that can last a lifetime and post them Via Facebook and Twitter to create a digital memory board for you and your child.
7.Charity: Ask your guests to bring donations of baby items to help a needy mother in your area to your baby shower. Donations could include baby clothes, diapers, strollers, etc.