Pinterest is the third largetst traffic driver worldwide behind FaceBook and Twitter. Instagram is quickly moving up the social media ladder coming in a close fourth, followed by Tumblr and SnapChat. Pinterest has made a number of enterprising adjustments, such as promoted pins for faithful pinners in the last three years with improved features and helpful search functions. Pinterest provides a visual platform through the creation of boards, pins, repins and inspirational boards to buy, sell, store, and share content with others on a more personal and social level. In order to participate on Pinterest you are required to have a registered Pinterest personal or business account. However, Facebook remains among the largest of the social media platforms. At the same time, social media is constantly changing every day, which makes it a high priority to have proper marketing tools to enhance and grow your blog traffic on Pinterest.
Whether you utilize Pinterest for blogging, small business opportunities, networking with others, enjoying your favorite recipes, fashion trends, parenting ideas or just for overall promotion of your own online business, products or services, it is necessary to establish a strategic plan for marketing your Pinterest business account, managing your boards and creating powerful pins. This will enable you to increase your traffic, engage a bigger international following, and further promote your brand visually in social media. The four most effective tips for Pinterest marketing, and Pinterest termonolgy will be discussed in this impactful article.
Pins– A pin is an element or any image or media files that you want to share through Pinterest. A pin is the Pinterest word for a post or enity such as a photograph or video.
Boards- are the collection of pins that are categorized in different names. Boards are the collection of pins that can be organized by topic.
Repins-Repins may be defined as the “retweets” of Pinterest. When a user reposts the pin it’s called repining or sharing of the image pinned.
Feeds– Feeds can be considered to be the real time tracking of the users activity, you can see live statuses of the users after logging in to Pinterest immediately on your home page.
4 Effective Steps
1. Convert your personal Pinterest account to a business account
2. Create original Content
3. Increase visibility
4. Create powerful pins
1. Change your personal Pinterest account to a business account– Converting your personal Pinterest account to a business account has several benefits including access to Pinterest analytics, Pinterest Analytics is a great way to keep track of number of page views per month, number of unique page views, visitors, and total amount of viewers from each state and country worldwide to your page, The biggest advantage is that you can use your business name as opposed to using your first and last name. You do not have to worry about starting all over and starting a new account. You can easily convert your personal account to a business account in a matter of a few clicks. You can maintain all of your boards, and pins from your personal account.
2. Create valuable visual content- People want to store and share your content, so optimize your captions and add noteworthy links to each pin. You can rank your pins and your boards. You can links to your captions by typing in the url. Creating valuable visual content will take less than an hour an week, if you are just beginning t create your boards and pins. Clarity and marketing is very important to you and your audience.
3. Increase visibility– Keep your pinning up by pinning two to three times a week. Organize your pins and your boards, by organizing the boards that you want more repins and views at the top of your page, and other remaining boards can follow at the bottom of your board page. You will need to exercise time, patience, and effort when building Pinterest boards and pins. The more of a variety of boards, with inviting covers will call to action more reliable pinners to your community. Pinterest is not anything that will grow and produce results overnight, and it is not as quick a return process as Twitter and Instagram, but it is so much more rewarding to interact on a visual and personal level. The ability to join group boards on Pinterest is a wonderful way to utilize with others with similar interests, goals, and needs on Pinterest.
Also, joining Facebook groups that have active pinners will help you develop new boards and network with other bloggers and small business owners. Pinterest Rock Stars is an awesome group of pinners on Facebook. In addition, educating your audience about your blog and your business through pinning is very important, they are offered an amazing opportunity to gain a larger visual perspective of your personality and your brand. Consequently, more exposure of Pinterest boards usually occurs very early in the morning or late at night. Most people are on Pinterest on Saturday mornings. You could schedule your pins around this time frame when most people are on Pinterest. Host a contest for example “Pin it to Win it.” Give people ideas on how to make your pins more pinnable in order for them to revisit your boards in the future. You do not only want them to just repin, but you would encourage regular pinners to follow complete boards, comment on pins, and repin consistently from your page, which in turn will benefit your blog page views and grow your tribe, while building sustainable business relationships in the pinning community.
4. Powerful ideas to create great pins
1. Infographics-– Your Pinterest page should be the go to page for your readers and consumers
2. Checklists-– Giving people checklists that you can create with power point
3. Tutorials- are a great way to highlight your product or service on Pinterest make them very visual and eye catching for the viewer
4. Videos- are great way to pin directly from your blog, website, and suffcient links to your YouTube channel
5. Adding a call to action- Writing a clear description of your pin is a powerful marketing tool to help increase page views
6. Teaser Text- is a way to write directly across your image using Picmonkey.com
I’m now accepting clients for my Pinterest Strategy coaching sessions. I specialize in helping creative business owners and bloggers make a bigger impact in their social media traffic on Pinterest. If you know of a creative business owner or blogger who could use my services, please tag them below or send them to http://motheroftheworld.net. I am conducting a power packed Pinterest workshop in February on marketing, planning, building, and utilizing Pinterest to increase your page views in 28 days.