If you think Pinterest is a place to only find recipes, hacks for home decorating, or some ridiculously awesome craft ideas, or you have posted some wonderful pictures of your family vacation. You will be surprised to know that Pinterest is a social marketing hub to begin networking to people who are visual consumers. I have written previous articles about increasing traffic, leveraging your business, setting up a business account, and increasing your following on Pinterest.
However, through working with my awesome coaching clients I have discovered that they either want to move their blog or business traffic, and learn how to monetize their business utilizing Pinterest.
So today, I am going to go into monetization of your Pinterest account, whether you are a blogger, small business owner, entrepreneur, author or creative. I will go through some basic tips on growing your mailing list, sell products, offer services, increase book sales, and promote your affiliate products.
1. Grow your mailing list: Pin an image where people can go to subscribe. If you have an opt-in page, take a screenshot of it, upload it to Pinterest, edit the link to point back to your opt-in page.
and tell people why they should subscribe in the description of the pin. This way people will know where to go for more information about your mailing list.
If you don’t have an opt-in page go with eye-catching stock photos, find an image that will get people’s attention, then make the image for the description very detailed about your business.
2. Sell digital products: Turn your sales page into an infographic. Infographics are popular on Pinterest. Create an outstanding infographic that takes people through a specific problem and how your products will help them, link the infographic to your sales page.
Offer a preview on Pinterest if you have an online course, e-book, video course, or new printable share one of the videos from the course on Pinterest, and link your pin back to the sales page.
3. Offer Services: Create a portfolio board with examples of your work, edit each pin and link it back to your portfolio page or sales page for that particular service.
Turn customer testimonials into stunning quote images and pin them to a testimonial board, edit each pin and link back to your testimonial page.
4. Increase Book Sales: Create a board on your Pinterest page for your books ad e-books. This way people will know that you are an author.
Run a contest where people have to pin a book they want to win and explain what they hope to learn from it, it will create mini testimonials across the Pinterest network. Pay close attention to Pinterest contest guidelines.
5. Affiliate Products: Pin images from your review post about the product. This way people can check the affiliate links from your review post. Affiliate links are kind of tricky on Pinterest so be sure to follow the Pinterest guidelines for posting affiliate links. The best way is to pin images from list style posts, How to posts are the most successful on Pinterest.