Sometimes life can feel a little crowded, so when I think about all of the major players who consist of my family’s growing village. The person who makes a major impact in my child’s life during the holiday season, the first person that I think about is my little prince’s fabulous teacher. Showing appreciation and gratitude to my child’s teacher is something that I take very seriously, along with giving back to others during Christmas. I believe that a teacher is a very special person with a unique calling, that is more than a job position during the school year.
I think that once my child steps foot on the bus early in the morning, and headed off to school, the most responsible person, and mentor is his beloved teacher, to guide and protect him until he returns home. This is the person that I trust to take the lead in my absence, with my most treasured possession to help mold and shape my child’s mind and build his character for the future.
When I begin to really think about all of the teachers that have poured into my son’s life, it is important to reflect on the sacrifices that are made not only for my son, but all children in the classroom. At the very least during the holidays blessing my child’s teacher with a gift is the right thing to do.
However, choosing that ultimate gift can become a challenge for the holidays. I have to admit that most of these wonderful and fabulous items on this list are my personal favorites too. I have always loved personalized stationary, a groovy flowerpot, with a well written thank you letter, and trendy water bottle are just a few of my favorite gifts. I can never go wrong with some great office or school supplies! But at the end of the day the Christmas gift that you get for your child’s teacher is priceless!
7 Creative Gift Ideas
1. Personalized thank letters and Christmas messages or greeting card with a personal message from the family: A personalized thank you letter is one of the best ways to show appreciation to a teacher. Whether you write a hand written letter, greeting card, or as a simple addition to a great gift.
2. School Supply bouquet: A school supply bouquet is an awesome way to display school supplies specific for the teacher filled with high lighters, scissors, cool gel pens, note pads, anything that become easily accessible to your favorite teacher.
3. Flower pots: Flower pots are a beautiful token of appreciation to add beauty and color to the classroom each day. Flowerpots come in a range of sizes, colors, and the price points are usually reasonable from any Walmart, Kroger, or Family Dollar.
4. Teacher approved water bottle: Some teachers may have a huge coffee or addiction during the day, so breaking up the holiday with a teacher approved water bottle is a wonderful spin on the holiday season.
5. A gas card or gift card to their favorite restaurant for lunch: A gas card is the ultimate gift for any teacher, when it comes to traveling a few miles to get to work each day, or a gift card for lunch.
6. Supply cup: The supply cup is the go-to favorite for any seasoned or new teacher. You can reach into your supply cup at a moment’s notice and have everything you need on your desk!
7. Personalized stationary: Personalized stationary is a creative gift idea, for teachers that may have to write notes home to parents, reminders about upcoming school events, or writing down students academic and behavior success each month.