Women today have so much on our plate.We are mothers, wives, business women, single parents, working mothers, and givers in our community. However, we tend to get into a comfort zone where we get into a routine taking care of our families and working everyday.The goal of 2014 is to get out of your comfort zone and “Live out Loud,” to do the things that you thought you would never do, and live the best healthy life. If you want a new wardrobe to feel good, new workout routine to motivate yourself to lose those few pounds from a new baby, or thoughts about a new career, go for it and get out of the comfort zone. The hardest thing in life can be change, change in where you live, where you work, change in relationships, and change in friendships.
The process of stepping out of your comfort zone is uncomfortable, but the more uncomfortable that you become signals you are moving in the right direction towards growth and personal development. At the end of the day the journey is very rewarding, and you will experience the reward of growth and beauty in your life. I encourage women to begin with an assessment on where they are in their life, and where they see themselves in the future. Currently, I am working on an assessment followed by a vision board, to visually view the goals that I plan to achieve for the New Year.
I usually recommend working on an assessment for next month or next year, but why wait? Start now! Consult with a life, career, business, fitness, or resume coach, or close circle of friends to act as outside resources or listening ears, to help prioritize future goals. The goal is to communicate with other social groups that have similar interests that are out of your comfort zone In conclusion the following five tips will begin the process of “stepping out of your comfort zone,” and moving towards growth similar to a beautiful flower ready to bloom!
5 Tips for stepping out of your comfort zone
- Write a to do list of things that you have wanted to do and never had the chance to accomplish.
- Find a accountability partner to check back in with you to make sure you are staying on track.
- Consult with a travel agency or travel agent and start saving and budgeting money for your dream trip, or get involved with a travel group.
- Learn to let go and become vulnerable to your hopes and dream, letting go allows you to get out of your head and get out of your comfort zone. Find out your true passion and what drives you in life.
- Feed your spirit and put prayer and meditation at the center of your day. take 30 minutes out of your day for yourself to enjoy nature, take a walk, write in a journal, meditate, pray, work out, sewing, painting, scrap booking or organizing a personal space.