Pinterest is an online pinboard, a visual take on the social book marking site. Unlike other social book marking sites, such as Digg and StumbleUpon, content shared on Pinterest is driven entirely by visuals. In fact, you can’t share something on Pinterest unless an image is involved. The images that you share on Pinterest are called pins. You can share images you find online, or you can directly upload images onto Pinterest. Using the PIN button, you can share directly in your browser from any web page. You can also share your pins on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Pinterest relies heavily on visually stunning photos, most bloggers and creative business owners desire to upload photos directly from their blog or website to Pinterest. You can copy and paste your URL from Instagram directly to Pinterest. However, one of the biggest ongoing topics of debate is whether or not to use Canva or Pic Monkey to achieve these Pinterest goals.I have confronted these questions on numerous occasions as a Pinterest Marketing Strategy Coach. I have learned that some of my valuable clients prefer one mode of design over the other, and at times may find themselves utilizing both options to further promote their growing blog or creative business.
In this article I will briefly discuss how to use Canva, Pin words, and Pic Monkey for the beginner on Pinterest. I think that this step by step article will shed some light between the ongoing battle of Canva and Pic Monkey. Pin Words is a great option for creating text onto your photos when making your unique photos stand out on Pinterest. The ability to add terrific texts to photos will allow pinners to become educated on your personal brand and blog in a more readable way on Pinterest. The text will draw the pinner onto your page, to encourage pinners to investigate the meaning behind your wonderful pin and to learn more about your blog, business, product, or service. Pinterest is a visual stimulating collective for all forms of Pinterest marketing from blogging, life, business, and strategy coaching to fashion, lifestyle, hair, and foodie bloggers. The ability to upload insanely awesome photos is a benefit to the new and seasoned pinner!
How to use Canva:
2. Go to your Pinterest account. Now log in to your Pinterest account and click the + button on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
3. Upload photo
4. Select category and click PIN it
How to use Pin Words and Pic Monkey to add text to your pins
1. Go to Pin Words
2. Upload a photo from your computer or use one of theirs. It is best to choose a photo that has some plain background so the text can be read easily.
3. Choose from one of the text options from the six available at the moment. Set text from pin words will appear. Click continue to add your own text at the next stage.
4. Write your text into the box on the right, you’ll see it appearing as type. With the cursor, move the text to preferred placement against plain background. Click Pin it and then right click on the image to save it to a picture folder.
1. Go to Pic Monkey.com
2. Click edit photo at the left side and then upload your photo with some plain background so the text can be seen easily.
3. Click P on the left side which produces the choice of fonts. Then click add text at the top which will then appear superimposed on the photo. Type in your chosen text.
4. Highlight the various words to choose from a selection of fonts if you wish. You can also change the text, color, size, bold, or italics.
5. Then click save at the top), name your photo and resize if necessary. Save to your chosen folder on your computer when you have the finished product for Pinterest.
Do you prefer Canva or Pic Monkey for photos on Pinterest?