Pinterest is perhaps my favorite social media platform, which if you really know me that is not a huge secret LOL! However, through hands-on learning, studying, and coaching my awesome Pinterest Marketing Strategy coaching clients while noticing the constant changes, and varied algorithms with game-changing trends in social media over the last five years Pinterest has proven be a “force to be reckoned with,” among the social media giants like Facebook, Twitter, and the newest kid on the block SnapChat.
Fortunately after five years of Pinterest working well for bloggers and Etsy shop owners other bigger companies like Target, Lowes, and Nordstrom are utilizing Pinterest as a major marketing tool for their visual business strategy. Bloggers had knowledge of Pinterest from the beginning as a way to connect to their followers, find their target audience, grow their community, and connect their blog with their Pinterest page. The growth of such a powerful visual platform is of great need to creative business owners, small business owners, and mompreneurs, and most recently new authors that desire to market their published works on Pinterest.
I have used Pinterest as a visual platform for book promotion of my first book of poetry Daughter of the Diaspora Freedom From Within where I created a board Great Reading, in creating that amazing board on my Pinterest page, it assisted my branding strategy to become more visible as an accomplished author on Pinterest.
But some of the most popular pins on Pinterest are fashion, food, and home decorating boards and pins. I noticed that most of my repins are from fashion and parenting pins. Pinterest is very open to all types of business-minded pinners from the old-fashioned brick and mortar business to the top fashion blogger, to a huge corporation like Target or Nordstrom, to the independent Etsy shop owner.
The first major tips in connecting with brands on Pinterest for bloggers and Etsy shop owners, is having a creative marketing strategy that fits your own personal brand, personality, and business goals for Pinterest.
7 Major Tips
1. Convert your personal Pinterest account to a business account: Converting your personal Pinterest account to a business account will give you access to Pinterest Analytics where you can track your products, services, sales, and target your audience for business. You have the ability to appear more legitimate brands which makes it easier for them to find you in this noisy social media world.
2. Create Awesome Content: Creating awesome content is key, whether the content is from your blog, business, or Etsy Shop. Make sure your items have correct price tags, and buyable pins. If your prices change, be sure to make buying corrections for any upcoming sales and promotions on Pinterest. Creating amazing boards with great covers, infographics, descriptions under your pins, and stunning infographics will create mini billboards of you and your brand. Sponsored content is major when partnering with brands.
3. Group Boards: Group boards work well for Etsy Shop Owners because they have such a wide range of products. Some Companies like Pop Sugar and Martha Stewart have used guest pinners for some of their major campaigns and boards on Pinterest.
4. Promoted Pins: Promoted pins are similar to Facebook Ads which generate more traffic to both your pins and boards.
5. Guest Curating a product or service for a brand: This is a great way to expand your network on Pinterest becoming a guest curator for brands to partner with you as a blogger. Curating and sharing other’s people’s images is a wonderful way to build community and connect with others on Pinterest.
6. Saying thank you to your followers: Share a thank you note across social media to all of your followers on Pinterest.
7. Strategic partnerships and collaborations across social media networks: Creating strategic partnerships with some of the top pinners, companies, and brands across social media networks will enhance the visibility of your blog/business/page.