Admire someone else’s beauty, without questioning your own.
When I think about Black women, I think of strong, beautiful, caring, bold magical beings who are more than worthy of love, abundance, confidence, and self-care. But it is very difficult to live in a world where Black women are marginalized group. Whether it is about our hair, bodies, thoughts, the way we speak we always face some form of scrutiny.
So for those times, when we are feeling less than magical, when it’s super hard to keep that positivity, and when others seem to throw so much shade our way, Izzy and Liv have created this Brown Sugar box to continue to encourage, uplift, inspire, and empower Black women.
I have literally been crushing on Izzy & Liv’s The Brown Sugar Box since spotting this amazing subscription box service on Instagram and Facebook. The first thing that caught my eye had to be the amazing graphics of the fun, quirky, Black girl on the front of the box.
Girl, I finally opened this box, that I am totally obsessed with everything about it this month! Today has been about the solar eclipse, but taking time out to dive into this terrific box is awesome!
My August Brown Sugar Box arrived and it did not disappoint. This August box has it all! The month of August is for new beginnings, new blessings, and new abundant goals. This box has so much pure Black Girl goodness! The journal is perfect for my writer’s heart, and the daily affirmations to satisfy my inner “Mary Jane,” to help keep my mind focused and positive everyday.
Inside My Brown Sugar Box
1.The Kind of Beauty I Want V-Neck T-Shirt: They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but Maya Angelou, we know where the real secret lies. In courage, strength, and dignity. Rock this uplifting tee as a declaration of myself and others of what inner beauty really looks like.
2. Faux Magical Black Girl Journal: Bringing all of my fun ideas, and goals to life. This will help with big dreams, this journal is perfect place to store all of my creative thoughts that I plan to manifest.
3. Music Lover lunch tote: Even with the best meal prep recipes, bringing my lunch to work can get real boring, real quick. Stand out from all the other brown bags and keep my lunch fly with this stylish tote.
4. Posh Candles 4oz candle: What’s better than a scented candle to help you relax after a long day? One that speaks to my inner Black girl. Let the positive vibes takeover with this hand poured candles that look just as good as they smell.
5. Vision Words Believe In Yourself Sticky Notes: That moment when I am ready to give my daily life affirmations and mantras an upgrade? These sticky notes are the perfect reminder of great I am striving to become each day. I will post them in places where I need the most dose of inspiration.
6. Jet Beauty of the Week Travel Mug: Only a week? More like a century. We already know you’re beautiful, but make sure everyone knows that you belong in a magazine with this hot pink travel mug.
7. Shine Bright Like Diamond Magnet: Whether you’re crushing it at work or flourishing your domestic diva skills at home, accessories your space with all swag that shines.
8. Out Here Being Cute Flat Pocket Mirror: Ain’t no shame in your game. You’re cute and you know it. Make sure everyone else knows it too with this 3 inch full pocket mirror.