Today will be better than yesterday, and tomorrow will be even better!
In the past few months, I have been moving at such a rapid speed that I have not taken the time to focus on myself. I have moved form opportunity to opportunity, project to project, and event after event while putting the needs of my husband and children ahead of my own.
All of a sudden I realized that I am going to turn 42 at the end of next month! (eeek) ! Although, I feel like I am 32 or 22, but my life lessons tell a totally different story. I have to come to the surreal conclusion that I have arrived to the glorious prime of my life! The time to live for today in this exact fruitful moment, and to be very present for everything in my life! So with that in mind, in order to gain more clarity I decided to create a life-changing list for year 42.
This list includes things that have been on my mind, and I did not have a chance to write in my journal, or share with close friends, or things that I just have not had a chance to sit in my own personal thoughts to process my own long-term life goals.
The things that I seem to think about each day, but never put into action because I am a devoted wife, and loving mother to two awesome children. Some are new small goals that I have kept hidden in my soul, since my college days as an undergraduate at Michigan State University.When I am creating this list, I see things that I am planning to revisit from my previous life prior to motherhood too.
Some things are just me playing catch up with myself, as I continue to grow, learn, and evolve, through this blessed life journey. These things are definitely happening in this upcoming year I’ll be updating you when I do these things to hold myself accountable.
This 42nd year actually has a theme “Always finding the good.” Let’s Get It! Let’s Go!
Year 42 Life Changing List
1. Travel to US Virgin Islands with my entire family.
2. Get a new tattoo.
3. Date my husband.
4. Get monthly pedicures.
5. Wear my hair in a bun.
6. Take a girls trip.
7. Go 48 hours without social media.
8. Run a half marathon.
9. Take a photography class.
10. Sleep in until 11 am.
11. See a Broadway Show.
12. Take an Interior design class.
13. Have a real emergency fund.
14. Start a college fund for my children.
15. Take a family portrait.
16. Take a professional headshot.
17. Take a salsa lesson.
18. Go ta a wine tasting.
19. Wear a little black dress.
20. Consistently work out.
21. Declutter my life.
22. Pray consistently everyday.
23. Read one Bible passage everyday.
24. Create something and sell it.
25. Write my second book.
26. Read East of Eden.
27. Wear high heels at least once a month.
28. Stay in a 5 star hotel, by myself for a weekend.
29. Have a reunion with my college friends from Michigan State University.
30. Learn Hebrew and Italian.
32. Start a sock drive for the homeless.
33. Plant my own herb container garden.
34. Go to an outdoor concert.
35. Go to a movie by myself.
36. Create new healthy recipes for my family.
37. Write a journal entry every morning.
38. Host a brunch.
39. Attend a networking event once a month.
40. Create a professional wardrobe.
41. Spend more quality time in nature.
42. Be abundantly grateful!
I am super excited for this next awesome chapter in life! Looking forward to turning the page and beyond grateful for 42 years of abundant life!
Always Finding the Good!