Now that I am so tired of take out and ordering pizza for my little kingdom, it is the time to get back to healthy eating habits for my family. I am very determined to work on meal prepping, meal planning and discovering new recipe ideas to spice up my kitchen life. My overall goal is to create lasting memories in the kitchen for my family.
The same wonderful memories that I had with my mother. I wanted to have some alternatives to cooking family meals that were cost-effective and easy to make for me.
Just so you know, I am extremely in love with home cooked food. I became super excited when I discovered Hello Fresh ! Hello Fresh is my first classic box which was delivered directly to my doorstep last week.The huge box of goodies felt like Christmas Day! I did not expect to receive so much healthy goodness in one grand delivery. The stunning box is filled with 3 recipes for a family of four.
The three main recipes were: Italian sausage and baby broccoli pasta, Coconut-Crusted chicken Fingers, and Sesame Shrimp with Scallion Rice and Roasted Zucchini.The recipes were very easy to follow and a lot of fun to prepare with my little kingdom in the kitchen. My children really enjoyed the Italian Sausage and Baby Broccoli. I highly recommend Hello Fresh to any busy family on the go!I plan on ordering another box to share, enjoy, and dine with my little kingdom!
Italian Sausage and Baby Broccoli
What’s not to love about the combination of sausage, baby broccoli, pasta, and creamy Parmesan? It’s an old-school Italian favorite that never gets old in the HelloFresh kitchen, And now, by cooking your pasta and broccoli in the same pot, it’s easier than ever!
1. Prep wash and dry all produce. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Line up the baby broccoli on your cutting board, and cut 1 inch pieces. Discard the ends. Roughly chop the garlic. Pick the oregano leaves off the stems. Discard the stems.
2. Cook the sausage: Place the sausage onto a baking sheet. Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes.
3. Boil the pasta: Add the pasta to the boiling water. Cook 9-11 minutes, until dente. While pasta cooks, and the baby broccoli to the same water. Cook 3-4 minutes, until tender. Remove the baby broccoli with a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. Prep the gremolata: Meanwhile, place the almonds, oregano leaves, and chopped garlic in a pile on your cutting board. Run your knife over the mixture finely chopped. Check on the pasta, drain when ready, then return to the pot.
5. Cook the gremolata: Heat two large drizzles of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the gremolata mixture. Cook, tossing, for 3-4 minutes, until beginning to turn golden brown. Season generously with salt and pepper. Remove pan from heat. Zest about 2 teaspoons lemon directly in the pan, and stir thoroughly to release the lemon oils.
6. Toss and serve: Thinly slice the sausage. Halve the lemons. Toss the sausage, baby broccoli, gremolata, half the Parmesan cheese, and a large drizzle of olive oil into the pot with the pasta.Stir in a few squeezes of lemon, to taste. Divide between bowls, serve with the remaining Parmesean cheese, and enjoy!