We live in a faux society where everything is, “Fake it, until you make it.” You may find yourself putting on a false facade of being massively successful, having everything all together, but the one thing that you cannot, “fake in life,” is your health and wellness.
And Girl, your body has a funny way of telling the truth on you, whether you believe the signs or not, and it seems to happen the most when you least expect it! You will see unexpected signs of fatigue, stress, back-pain, penetrating migraine headaches, and emotional symptoms. The emotional symptoms come in a combination of anxiety, depression, anger, and hyper tension which can lead to high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke.
While we are striving this summer to get that perfect summer body, we all have to remember to take care of ourselves from the inside out, with making intentional decisions to eat healthier, live healthier, and be healthier in this thing that we call life. If you are like most women when it comes to your health, you are busy taking care of everyone else in the family, and putting your own needs on the back burner.
Remember if you lose the captain you are going to lose the ship. You should always make the time for regular health screenings, eye exams, dental visits, and time spent in deep thought and prayer to cover your health. When you take a trip to the doctor have your questions prepared in advance, to be your own healthcare advocate for each scheduled appointment. So this is the time to declare victory over your body, not just for the summer season, but for all the days of your life.
Listen, You have to remember that we are spiritual beings living a human experience, with that being said you have to nurture your spirit, by bringing overwhelming peace to your inner soul and remaining in a beyond stress-free state.
The overall goal is to have a body, mind, and soul that is spiritually healthy for maintaining positive physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you know that your bodies are a temple of the holy spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God you are not your own.
You are called to take care and honor God’s temple.
10 ways to take care of your body
1. Start your day with prayer, morning affirmations, sharing a word from the bible, and spending quiet time with the Lord.
2. Drink clean filtered water all day.
3. Dream big Make a to-do list of 3 big goals and 3 small goals to accomplish during the day or week.
4. Feeling a little creative: Make a vision board with all of your health goals and rewards, on my vision board as a reward for completing at least 5 miles of walking/running three days a week, I have a pair of sneakers that I would like to buy for my next half-marathon.
This serves as a meaningful collage to remind you of your health/wellness goals, and what you are trying to achieve by living a healthy lifestyle.
5. Clean out the toxins: You would be actually surprised at all the toxins that come your way in the form of toxic people, places, and things in your life. They can have a long living effect on your health if you really let it!
Take a look at the people who are in your circle, are they bringing negative or positive vibes into your temple? Be sure to check your frequency to determine if they are elevating you or depleting your spiritual value.
6. Enjoy natural exercise: Take a nice walk outside if the weather is super nice, or hike in your local park or neighborhood, start a garden in your backyard.
7. Take an abundant and relaxing nap and do not feel guilty about it!
8. Cook for yourself: This is one of my absolutely favorite things to do to live my best life! I think that cooking for myself and my family is an action of love and showing praise to the Lord! We all benefit from cooking healthier meals, and creating long-lasting family memories in the kitchen.
9. Laugh: Call your best sister/friend and just talk about things that are on your mind, and really be transparent and laugh! Watch one of your favorite movie comedies, and just be present in the lives of your children and really hear their conversation!
10. Use lavender: I am a huge fan of essential oils! I believe that lavender can heal anything, by putting a bit of lavender in my bath water at night is a wonderful way to reach the peak of relaxation for the night.